The Grade II*-listed Former Cloth Market
First White Cloth Hall built in 1711 had fallen into serious disrepair.
Work is to begin on the project to revitalise one of Leeds’s most historic buildings thanks to £1m funding from the National Lottery and Historic England.
The plans will see the First White Cloth Hall’s west wing restored, a new covered courtyard with atrium built and a new shopfront put in place.
Wetheralds have been contracted on behalf of Rushbond Plc to provide structural stabilisation and enabling works to the fragile building.
Project Manager: Paul Ibbotson